Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

In Progress

Hello again!

Last week I took a little hiatus from sewing and crafting. It was the most stressful week at work and in response, I decided to do nothing at all that resembled work when I got home. I lounged. I read. I wrote in my journal. Watched movies. Played video games. But I did not work on anything. I think it was good for my mental health last week. I might have seriously broken down in tears if I had to get out my seam ripper for any reason. And my projects don't deserve that.

But! I'm back now. Things are much better, stress is much lower, and it has been an all around much better week so far. So here's what I'm currently working on.

frosted pumpkin cross stitch bacon and eggs pattern

I couldn't take all the cuteness around the blogging world and instagram anymore. I decided to take up cross stitch. I bought this pattern from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and my supplies from the Workroom, and I'm off! It doesn't quite look like bacon and eggs yet, but I'll get there. In the background you can see my rainbow ripple blanket. It is still getting steady (if slightly sporadic) attention, too.

Free motion quilting scrappy chevrons

Quilting has also begun on the scrappy chevron quilt! This quilt is huuuuge. It makes my arms sore after not very much time, so I have just been slowly chipping away at it. Hoping to finish the simple loopy quilting this weekend.

And that's about it around here! It's good to be back in a sane, happy place. What are you working on?

Linking up to WiP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced!


1 comment:

  1. Dare I ask...was there some Zelda in there? I'm glad you got a bit of a break, and I'm glad to hear this week is going more smoothly! Can't wait to see more of the quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! They always brighten my day :) I do my best to respond to everyone unless there's a giveaway.