Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Scrappy Chevrons Top- Finished!

As promised, a big finish! Okay, it could be bigger. I just haven't mustered the courage to baste this gigantic monster, so it isn't quilted. But still! This has been in progress so long, it still feels like a huge accomplishment!

scrappy chevron quilt top

Okay, so we had like 10 minutes to do this before Mario had to go to work. And it's huge and Mario wasn't tall enough to hold the thing up without it touching the ground...

scrappy chevron quilt top


So we moved so he could stand on the circle of bricks around the tree. Didn't help as much as we'd hoped! But that's okay. You get the idea, right?

This quilt is for my sister. It has been a loooong time coming! Hopefully she can wait a couple more weeks while I get the quilting question figured out ;)

Mario with quilt

This was probably my favorite shot of the day. After Mario's arms got tired and we were about to go back inside, I snapped one more. Cute, right? <3

scrappy chevron bed

And in case you were wondering how big it is... here is the phone picture I snapped right after sewing and pressing the last seam. Please excuse the mess! We have still not finished unpacking and setting things up and the bedroom is probably the worst! There is plenty of drapage over each side of the bed. I think my sister will be pleased.

Linking up to TGIFF, hosted this week by Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts!

11 comments:

  1. It's looking gorgeous! Your sister will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So pretty! Congrats on getting it finished!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such bright scrappy goodness! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this mammoth finish! It's absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colours! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely stunning.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Just beautiful!
    I've had a chevron quilt on my wish list for a while now, but now I'm thinking it's going to be made sooner rather than later :-)
    LPC

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt in the making. Fun photos ... thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab! You played nicely with the colors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found it! How pretty - - - I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! They always brighten my day :) I do my best to respond to everyone unless there's a giveaway.