Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A New WiP

Yes, I have started a new quilt. It's been a while, huh?? I have been a little more focused on small projects lately it seems.

This one is for Mario, my wonderful boyfriend who has waited ever so patiently for me to finally make him a quilt. It has taken me this long to get around to it because I just couldn't decide on a pattern! I wanted to do something amazing and complicated and time consuming. Because you know, Mario is special. But I finally decided I should just bring him in on the decision.

And as it turns out, Mario loves churn dashes! Who knew, right? He especially loves them when they're huge. So that's what I'm doing. Enormous 24" blocks! They're marvelously fast.

giant churn dash

Sorry for the dark crappy pictures! I have not been doing well with remembering to take pictures before work in the morning... The red is really much better than that! It's Kona Poppy. And the background is Kona Meringue, just in case you were wondering ;)

This can was the color inspiration. We ordered this beer at a local pizza place and Mario thought it looked awesome. So naturally I said we could turn it into a quilt! So we found some at Total Wine to help with the fabric choosing. Yes, it is empty now. I wanted to get a picture before we actually drank the beer, but there was Top Gear to watch and it really couldn't wait. You understand, right?

stiegl can quilt inspiration

I currently have 7 of 12 blocks. There is every possibility that this will be done before his birthday in late May! EXCITEMENT.

Linking up to WiP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced!

3 comments:

  1. Churn dash and Top Gear are my favourites too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered why someone would link a pic of a beer can on WIP! Love that it was the inspiration for your boyfriend's BD quilt ~ what a great story to pass along with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a great quilt! I'm impressed that Mario shows such an interest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! They always brighten my day :) I do my best to respond to everyone unless there's a giveaway.